Charnwood site

Saturday, 19-Jan-2019
Home>Housing Advice

Housing Advice

Housing advice

The Housing Needs team:

  • Assesses all applications for council housing, including applications from homeless applicants
  • Provides advice and assistance about housing problems
  • Allocates council properties to homeseekers on the Housing Register
  • Allocates Housing Association properties to homeseekers on the Housing Register

Threatened with homelessness

If you are threatened with homelessness, the Housing Needs team will work with you to try and stop this from happening.

The Housing Needs team can provide help and assistance with: 

  • Your legal rights in your home
  • Rent arrears
  • Mortgage arrears
  • Contacting DirectGov for more information about mortgage help
  • Getting help to pay your rent
  • Disrepair in your home
  • Problems when your landlord is not willing to return your deposit
  • Claiming benefits
  • Other housing options

It is important that you contact us as soon as you feel you have any problem so we can help you sort them out.

Contact the Housing Needs team.  



Site powered by Abritas  |  Cookie policy