Charnwood site

Friday, 23-Aug-2019
Home>Who Can Use the Service

Who Can Use the Service

Who can use the service


If you would like to use Leicestershire CBL, you need to be registered with Charnwood HomeSearch or the CBL scheme of any other district council in Leicestershire. 

To apply to join Charnwood HomeSearch, complete and return the CBL Housing Application Form.  You must be aged over 16 years (however applicants under the age of 18 may not be eligible for all properties from all landlords). 

Please make sure you fill in all parts of the application form.  Remember to provide the proofs indicated on the form - without these we will not be able to assess your application. 

For more details about our priority banding scheme, click on Charnwood HomeSearch Bands

Who cannot use the service

You cannot use this service if you have not completed a CBL Housing Application Form and been accepted onto the Housing Register.

There are also some people who will not, by law, be allowed to join the Housing Register.  These  are:

  • Some people who are subject to Immigration Control under the 1996 Asylum and Immigration Act
  • People from abroad who are not subject to immigration control but who are not habitually resident in the UK, the Channel Islands, the Isle of Man or the Republic of Ireland
  • People (including members of their household) whose previous behaviour makes them unsuitable to be a tenant

For more detailed information contact Housing Needs.    






Site powered by Abritas  |  Cookie policy